Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Great Christmas Eve

Today I am writing late because I wanted to tell you about this Christmas Eve dinner with my Parents.
Yesterday Morning one of my cousins from Guadalajara came to see my Dad. My Dad suffer a heart attack a week before Thanksgiving so my Dad's families has been coming to visit him.
We had Ham and twice bake potatoes and salad. It was good now we are getting ready to go to service at our Church (Stone Ridge).
As I looked around a see my Dad surrounded by all of us, looking joyful I can say that is best gift for me. I hope this Christmas is full of gifts for all of you but look around as you visit or are with family and think how bless you are for having them. The love that I feel for my Dad is indescribable. I thank God that He gave me this Dad. There are two things in this life we can not control or be part of and they are: our names and our parents. I can tell you if I had a choice to select my parents I pick the same parents I have now.
Well today is Christmas Eve is not about the party is about the birth of our Lord so remember Him tonight as you share dinners, hugs, smiles with all Your Love ones.

1 comment:

Scriptor Senex said...

Both my parents are deceased but as they died in their nineties and were wonderful - no regrets, only thanks. But you're wrong about the name change. I began life as a 'Clive'; changed it in my thirties to 'John' and now I've ended up as Scriptor Senex! All the best with the new blog...