Monday, December 22, 2008

The Beginning

Being a ESL (English as a second language) person I ask myself why do I want to start writing in English of all languages, so this is the story on how all this started to form in my heart.
My wife this past august after 15 years closed her child care business to seek her dream. Her dream is to be a Nurse, so she enrolled back in our local college this past semester. I help her with her English class (100) . While helping her, and by giving her some ideas she told me that I should write.
This past October I took a trip with my Pastor to the Dominican Republic and while on the trip he invited me to start a Goggle mail; then he told me about his daughter Beth Blog. Her blog was the first one I saw. Then I saw her "one minute writer" blog and I wrote there a couple of times until her blog became very popular. Then Pastor Sam started to write his own blog, and now I know where Beth gets her talents.
An another very good friend of mine Pastor Jason told me that he also had a blog, so I started to follow it.
After all this; the idea started to form in my heart and after much thinking and praying here I am. Today is "The Beginning " and I hope you make comments because I can learn more from you.
I will like to thank all of you who help me start this journey. First to God for allowing me to be here at this time and at this place for His service. To my wife which I am very proud of her for not giving up her dream. To Pastor Sam for allowing me to see how deep is his love for Christ. To Beth for taking me out of my comfort zone with her 60 minute Blog, and finally to you Chinola for allowing us to be part of your family.
I'm Grateful!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

osito bello is a great feeling to know the Im you inspiration to write in you blog Im lokong forward to read it.love, you wife

Anonymous said...

Jose,
I am glad you are pursuing writing your thoughts down to the blogging world. God has used you greatly in my life. One thing I heard you tell me one time that has always stuck with me. You said, "You have nothing to fear, you have God on your side".
Dude, you don't know how much that one statement has helped my in my journey to risk crazy and follow Christ.
Love, peace, and chicken grease,
Your friend and brother: Chinola

Anonymous said...

dad~im glad u are pursing your writing dreams i will be keeping up with it daily...i love you!!!!

Unknown said...

I am very proud of you to write a blog in English. You are a great story teller and I look forward to reading them. God bless you on your adventure!

Cathy said...

Everyone I know is beginning to blog! It's getting harder to stick my ground to "just read others and not start my own!" Is that peer pressure or what?
Glad you joined the bloggers' ranks! Hope it goes well for you!

C. Beth said...

Congratulations on your new blog, Jose! :) Hope you have as much fun blogging as I do.

Anonymous said...

te escribo Para que no digas que no lo lei hahah Just kidding dad!! sounds good so far...I'll be keeping up!! Yearly??? hahaha
Love ya bunches!!!
~Anna

Jose said...

Well Thank you to all and for your comments, you too Anna. I love you all. God bless!!